FEATURES & BENEFITS
Hypafix® transparent is a transparent and waterproof polyurethane film coated with a very skin-friendly polyacrylate adhesive. The waterproof film offers optimal protection for the wound. It is waterproof and a bacterial barrier. Its semi-permeable structure allows the skin to breathe thus reducing the risk of macerations. The extra-thin film conforms like a second skin to the contours of the body, including joints and extremities. The transparency of the film keeps the dressing inconspicuous and allows visual inspection of the wound environment at all times. Hypafix® transparent is easy to apply due to its innovative application system.
- permeable to water vapour
- lets the skin breathe
- skin-friendly, also suitable for sensitive skin
- very good initial and permanent adhesion
- stretchable and durable
- barrier against bacteria
- hygienic wound care
- reduces the risk of wound infections
- easy to apply
- for waterproof wide-area fixation of wound dressings, also on joints and extremities
- for waterproof fixation of instruments, catheters, measuring devices and probes
- for hygienic fixation of ointment dressings
The stretch and conformability of Hypafix® allows the patient greater freedom of movement. Wide-area fixation of the wound dressing reduces the risk of contamination.
Description and properties
- Skin friendly
- Split liner for easy removal of release paper.
- Large range of sizes fits: a large amount of uses.
- Square frame printing on the release paper: guideline for cutting.
Dressing retention in particular of large post-operative wound dressings, gauze and absorbent compresses.